Profit from our years' of experience with integrations and apps in the Dev Tools and DevOps space.Get in touch
Software Development Workflow Consultancy
Do you have questions on how to make optimal use of Dev Tools within your organization? Are you looking to automate your Software Development Lifecycle but don't know where to start?
What can you expect ?
A reliable and honest partner that supports you in small and large projects.
What are our goals ?
We build the best workflow automation where necessary and appropriate. We do not just automate because we can.
How do we approach your project ?
Our approach contains a couple of steps and we guide you along the way:
1) Meet and greet to better understand your questions and problems and to let you know what ideas we have (free)
2) If you decide to go a step further with us, together, we define a specific scope to tackle and its timeline. This can vary from a very small and narrow scope up to a bigger project.
3) We usually split very large projects into smaller and iterative work so that it's more manageable for you and for us. So, if you like to "try" us with only a small scope first, we're very happy to do that.
4) During our implementation, conception, requirements gathering etc., transparent communication is key. We're dedicated to that.
5) Ideally you have a test environment, where we can continuously release the project until it's finally productive.
6) We conduct "post production retros" with you, to learn for the next time.
Our areas of expertise
Establish code review practices.
- Automate assignment of pull request reviewers
- Fasten pull request cycle times with due dates and notifications
- Use checklists in pull requests for mandatory work items to uphold quality and consistency
CI / CD
Speed up feedback cycles.
- Build a continuous delivery pipeline to get faster feedback and to reduce the feedback cycles with your customers
- Apply infrastructure as code and GitOps practices to quickly setup your complete infrastructure and to have everything version controlled
Increase the quality of your code.
- Integrate static code checkers in your development workflow
- Prevent merging of "bad" code with individual merge checks
- Using Git hooks to guarantee quality requirements
Make your codebase and your workflow more visible along the entire project stakeholders.
- Increase transparency in project teams by up-to-date files from Git in technical documentation and project status pages including repository metadata like commits, pull requests, etc.
- Metrics like development cycle time, failed builds, build duration over time & more to assess your current team workflow
Dev Tools Health Check
Use our free Dev Tools Health Check to get tips in how to make the best use of your Dev Tools and how to improve your development workflow.Dev Tools Health Check
Custom App Development
In the last years we developed over 20 apps for Atlassian
and GitHub products where we focused mainly on integrations
of external applications and statistic-based productivity tools.
With our experience, we can help you to integrate your external systems into your Dev Tools, and improve your development workflows with custom apps.
Showcase #1: "Using custom field values for branch creation"
A customer was in need to have the branch name set from a custom field of the JIRA issue the branch was created from in Bitbucket Server’s create branch dialog. We developed a Bitbucket Server app that gets the custom field content over the application link from JIRA, intercepted the create branch dialog and filled in the branch name from the custom field value.
Showcase #2: "SMS incident notifications for Bamboo"
A customer relied on SMS for all its operation incident alerts. The customer used Bamboo as its CI system. The operations team should get notified immediately when a build was hung or when timeouts occurred. We developed a new notification recipient type for Bamboo that uses their internal SMS backbone to send SMS notifications for various Bamboo event types.